Syncing - not .Mac

cfleck

tired
I have a "situation" that I doubt is entirely uncommon.

I have a desktop mac as well as a laptop mac.

I have lots of songs & photos.

I want them on both, and I want them to stay consistent with each other. Basically, I want to "sync" my iTunes library and my iPhoto library. Heck, if there is a general app for this I'll even consider syncing other things on these machines, but I'm not too picky, yet.

Any apps out there that do this already?

I've done the same thing on my mac and my pc at home, but manually... you can copy all the songs on one of your machine, for example on the desktop, then add to iTunes and Consolidate the library... you can now remove all the songs from the desktop, and copy the iTunes folder from your Music folder in the Music folder in the other computer... not so fast, but while the files are transfering you can go and have a cup of coffee.... :)

Chronosync looks good. I'm kind of a cheap bastard these days though. Anything similar for free?

I use Synchronize! X and it is AWESOME. I tried Chronosync, but had a few problems. I syncronize several computers, laptops, and even between 2 servers with the product. Tech support from the company was quick and painless when I did have an issue as a new user. It does cost a few bucks, but a free trial is available on VersionTracker.

Back