Synergy - Keyboard and Mouse Control

Too funny, i just posted another version of an app like this called EventSharring!

Never tried synergy but will give it a shot!

Hi ipsyd

Thanks for your suggestion... I agree that it would be annoying if Synergy automatically altered the files without permission, but I_would_like the option to let it do it; after all, it's downloaded it already - why not store it for me?

I've got 286 albums ripped so far, and I'm far too lazy (and busy) to do it manually - I should have done it when I ripped the albums, but now it's too late!

Thanks anyway...

I have never used Synergy for iTunes, though the keyboard switcher is a personal favorite. Synergy makes it much easier to work across 4 (or more) systems at the same time without switching keyboards. I have been using it for switching between Windows and Linux boxes for a couple years and now added the Mac into the mix. Recently the developer has put in a lot of improvements for the Mac, which was the fair haired step-child for a long time.

Alternatives include OSX2X, though I prefer Synergy. OSX2X has the benefit of a GUI front-end in Mac whereas Synergy requires that you configure via text file and launch via command line. Once configured and with the creation of a simple script though these benefits are mitigated.

Back