TextMate

afflictedd2

Registered
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering, how many of you guys here use TextMate, some people have recommended it to me as a power programming tool. Can you guys post your experiences with it :).

Thanks,

Ed.

It's good software.
I personally go more often with Hallon or TextWrangler or SubEtha depending on what I do, but I haven't had any problems with TextMate either.

I got it as part of MacHeist. I only use it to edit the odd xml or html file but it seems to be great software. Never had any problems and its very well presented.

I follow the BBEdit talk group (I own BBEDIT). It seems as if some TextMate users have switched back to BBEdit. In it's latest iteration it's damn good but you know that some people will always have complaints.

If you're not in a hurry it seems that BareBones often has sales at year end where you can get substantial deals on their products.

TextWrangler is their free, stripped down version of BBEdit it's also very good and has most of the BBEdit tools.

I always got the impression that bbedit/textmate was like vi/emacs - a decision made more in heart than head. :)

Back