The Answer to Airport Extreme Cards and Really Low Signals

spmurph

Registered
I was looking everywhere for the solution to my really low signal in my new Airport Extreme card for an iBook...

In the room where the router is I got only about a 30, and forget about connecting from anywhere else in the house. I did notice that a few others on the forum had the same exact problem, and nobody really found a good solution.

One thing that was mentioned is to fully insert the antenna cable into the card, and I thought for sure that was the solution because i felt mine snap in a little more than it was in...

Turns out you really have to get it all the way in, farther then I thought because it felt like it was going to break any more than where i had it, but I came across this support page at Apple's site

Check it out if anyone's still having trouble with the Airport extreme cards...

I had the same low signal and was wracking my brain trying to figure it out! I just convinced my husband to go Macintosh and I've been hearing him grumble for the last week over the internet connection. Thank you for the head's up - it's always the simplest solution that works, isn't it. So glad I found this website!

Back