The new me...

simX

Unofficial Mac Genius
So... notice anything different? :D

A bonus point goes to the one who notices first, and an extra bonus point goes to the person who can identify where it came from (no, you can't play Twyg, sorry :p ).

And no this doesn't mean that anyone can take the old one. I still have the picture and can put it back anytime.

P.S. Twyg, yours was OK, but like you said, it was weak. So I did a little Photoshopping on my own (Photoshop Trial + Control-Command-Shift-4 = awesome), and did a little better, I think.

well, your new avatar is not the red cross logo but it is close:p

looks like the direction button on a video game controller.

Isn't it something to do with the new Jaguar update? Rendezvous?

I still liked your old avatar.

Yeah, it's the logo from Rendezvous. I just really liked it for some reason.

If someone feels up to making an animated GIF of this logo rotating, feel free to do it. :) But it must look good (the GIF format really sucks since it can only handle 256 colors, but the JPEG format also sucks because it doesn't handle transparencies, and unfortunately those are the only 2 formats allowed for avatars :( ).

Originally posted by simX
Yeah, it's the logo from Rendezvous. I just really liked it for some reason.

If someone feels up to making an animated GIF of this logo rotating, feel free to do it. :) But it must look good (the GIF format really sucks since it can only handle 256 colors, but the JPEG format also sucks because it doesn't handle transparencies, and unfortunately those are the only 2 formats allowed for avatars :( ).

redraw it in illustrator or flash and animate it in Flash, export the frames as an animated gif.

or...

open it in photoshop and convert it to rgb... then animate it and then saved it back to gif format.

wdw: It needs to be a little better. First notice that every few frames the animation moves down and to the right a bit, and also that the center of the logo resets to its original position and doesn't do a full circle. These details are very, very important. :p

I think your new avatar is cool simX. I just wish I knew what Rendezvous was :) But I am sure I will find out in a few days anyway. Or I could simply go to apple's website and find out. But I am lazy.

I liked it too, but I was kinda getting bored of it. I might switch back, though, I dunno.

simX: Your old one was perfect! It was you! I like your new one, but I think you get to a point where you avatar becomes your face to others and changing it is like changing your identity....

Anyways do what you wish, that rendezvous symbol is very cool :). Anyways I shouldn't be talking because I changed my avatar recently as well. But, I only had around 400 posts then so I wasn't as well known....

Originally posted by simX
...GIF... JPEG...unfortunately those are the only 2 formats allowed for avatars :( ).
Really, no PNG avatars?:(

Didn't someone here have a Flash (.swf) avatar?... Or was that just a very slick animated Gif?

Originally posted by Nummi_G4
I think your new avatar is cool simX. I just wish I knew what Rendezvous was :) But I am sure I will find out in a few days anyway. Or I could simply go to apple's website and find out. But I am lazy.
I didn't know either so I went an looked. Here is what I found:
Rendezvous
Rendezvous makes the automatic discovery of available computer services possible on standard Internet Protocol networks. Based on ZeroConf and the IP standard DNS service, Rendezvous lets you connect to such networks without having to fiddle with settings. You can connect your computers and peripherals together however you like — wirelessly over AirPort and by physical connections such as FireWire or Ethernet. Additionally, Rendezvous provides a service-centric view of the network, so you can quickly tell what’s available.

I agree with everyone else - the avatar is the visual shortcut to personality. In a month or two I'd probably get used to it, but with the old avatar, it was like a wax seal on communications - we knew who it came from. Now with this rendez-vous thang, I find myself (silly I know) not trusting the words written next to it as much.

Like I said, in a while that'll change, but it's the BB equivilant of having a brain transplant into a new body. We know that the words come from the same mind, but try telling that to my subconcious.

Plus you had one of the better avatars.

Change = bad

Bernie :eek:)

Back