The Photoshop 8 Thread

Veljo

Mac Enthusiast
I guess I share the same excitement with half of the people on this forum for the upcoming release from Adobe Photoshop 8. I know they're keeping it secret, and I was looking for any information that I could and I found ImageReady and Photoshop's new icons. I think they're great.

I thought maybe we could use this thread for posting anything Photoshop 8 related (legal of course) like information etc.

Attachments

• icons.jpg
    icons.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 43
I hate the icons, looks like i'll be pasting in the old 7 Icon, although over the years I'm attached to the classic eye.

Considering how Photoshop uses an actual eye and Imageready uses a wireframe globe, I'm inclined to agree with Mr. K. Did you make those yourself?

No, I didn't make them yourself, I found them in a thread at macosx.nl. Don't like them? I liked them because they were sort of different: sure ImageReady 10 and Photoshop 7's are better, but they're not bad either. Here's betting that they won't be anything like the final icons.

I give a second vote to Wickedkitten's theory. DarkMatter was the first thing I thought of when I saw them. IF you have PS 7, you can get a taste of it by holding down command (I think) when selecting 'About Photoshop 7'. This should bring up the splashscreen that was use in PS 7's beta

Later,
Eddie

Wow i never knew that, a easter egg in PS. i wonder what other easter eggs are out there tin the apps I use daily. And it is command, aka the Apple key.

Those icons are not likely to be the icons of the final release. I remember there was a leaked set of screenshots a few months ago, and it suddenly (in 2 days) disappeared (it had a huge number of views!), I guess from Adobe's request.

Any idea about the new features in PSH 8? What would you want in there? :)

A better mix of bitmap and vectors. More control down to a single pixel for distortion. Maybe a 3D engine to completely allow the editing of an image in any direction, in / out/ up/down.

BTW, it's Imageready 7...

PS 8 is supposed to have filter adjustment layers, I believe.

Okay, I looked at the beta "About" box for PS 7, and I actually like it. It's pretty cool, all dark and everything... and that masked crack! Wow. But it actually has an eye, unlike that beachball with the black plague in the icon Veljo posted.

arden,
True to you when you say ImageReady 7. I was thinking of Illustrator :rolleyes:. I didn't know about the easter egg in Photoshop 7 either. Just like today I was fooling around and if you click on the button in the top-right hand corner of System Preferences while holding down the Command key the toolbar resizes.

Back