Tiger Network Problems

jenxie

Registered
I have an iBook with airport card, previously running os9. Recently upgraded to Tiger. Ever since the upgrade, I am no longer able to use the 802.1x wireless network to access the internet. It worked perfect before the upgrade.

The strange part is that the signal meter shows full strength connection to the wireless router and all other machines (windows) are able to access the internet without a problem. The router is using WEP encryption and I have entered the key into the mac.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jenx

Try repairing permissions and cleaning browser cache and cookies.

Repair Permissions:
1.) Open Macintosh HD > Applications > Utilites
2.) Select Macintosh HD in disk utility and press the "Repair Permissions" button.

jenxie said:
I have an iBook with airport card, previously running os9. Recently upgraded to Tiger. Ever since the upgrade, I am no longer able to use the 802.1x wireless network to access the internet. It worked perfect before the upgrade.

Can you access the other machines? How about trying to access the internet, etc., with an ethernet cable--to see what happens? Also, are the other machines wireless?

Thanks for the tips. I will try them and let you know. Ghost, other machines accessing the network are wireless.

Back