tiger remove & replace

Moni2276

Registered
I hope this is the right place.
I had Jaguar, I installed Tiger, can tiger be uninstalled and Jaguar put back? :confused:

Moni2276 said:
I hope this is the right place.
I had Jaguar, I installed Tiger, can tiger be uninstalled and Jaguar put back? :confused:

You'd have to do a clean install. Not sure if an archive and install will work that direction. Anyone?

But you probably won't end up with exactly what you had before installing Tiger. Just a reminder... Basically, Jaguar will be a clean install - with leftovers of your previous Tiger installation in an "old system" folder.

if he did an archive and install when installing tiger, can't he then just 'rollback' the install. would that not be the purpose of an archive before install? ( windows does - just said as a note/fact. the truth is that i hate windows )

if he did an archive and install when installing tiger, can't he then just 'rollback' the install. would that not be the purpose of an archive before install?

No. Archive & Install installs a new system and preserves preferences, files from the old system. You can then choose what you want to put in the new system, preferences, email, bookmarks, etc.

Unfortunately, there's no "roll-back" provisions in Mac OS X. You'll have to take a complete backup of your system before updating in order to do a roll-back.

That's one reason why I'm keeping Mac OS X on one partition, the user folders on another, and all programs not from Apple on a third. That way, I can completely erase the Mac OS X partition without fear of loosing more than some settings and 3rd party prefPanes.

Actually, I've got two TiBooks that's keept in exactly the same condition as to Mac OS X and programs, so they can be considered to be the backup of each other

Back