"Top Hit" not so top

bartszyszka

Registered
Has anyone figured out a way to disabled the 'Top Hit' from Spotlight's pull-down menu? Seems odd how you can rearrange everything, but that's stuck up there.

Does anyone find Top Hit as useless as I do? I'm trying to use it as a replacement for Quicksilver, so I open the top result by pressing Apple-Enter. I made sure 'Applications' is at the top of my search list, but it still manages to find the weirdest things for the top result. For 'Photoshop' as my search, it gave me some file called 'Photoshop File Format' that couldn't even be opened by the program it's associated with. One time it gave me a text file in Photoshop's installation folder. I thought I taught it to open Photoshop after selecting it the first time, but now it went to that 'File Format' file...

- Bart

Spotlight's _not_ a replacement for Quicksilver or LaunchBar. It's not an app launcher. Continue to use Quicksilver, if you're happy with that. Spotlight's about finding content in files (_even_ applications), not apps.

I use Quicksilver for opening anything, be it an Application or a File. I don't see why there should be a difference or why I should be using two separate programs for essentially the same function. And Spotlight does launch Applications, they were the top category. It just doesn't seem to prioritize them very well, or at least accorting to the order I have my categories in.

Back