Transfering PAL video a nice format on either a macbook pro or a mac pro

moijk

Registered
I want to transfer our old video-8 / vhs PAL video tapes to a nice format on either a macbook pro or a mac pro. Not sure what software I will be using to edit, but the format should be easily edited on the most popular softwares. I'll be exporting to dvds so the quality should stay somewhat intact.

I've searched and found some tips but they seem to be ntsc. built in, firewire, usb (if it is not too slow) or expresscard is great. tvtuner isn't needed, just adds expense. we are all digital here anyway. (no analog tv signal available anywhere)

You know that PAL is an analog format, and in order to use in any editing software, you need to digitize it? What frame grabber/digitizer hardware are you using?

You know that PAL is an analog format, and in order to use in any editing software, you need to digitize it? What frame grabber/digitizer hardware are you using?

I'm sorry if I was vauge in my question, but thats exactly what I was asking for. What kind of frame grabber/digitizer hardware is reccomended for my use and computer(s). The software was added in the question because I have yet to purchase anything, so I want a grabber that I can use on my mac pro (I also have a macbook pro, but I hoped to use the mac pro for this) that retain the little quality the vhs / video-8 have, and let me grab in a format of choice.

Back