*Trouble playing CD from PS7 Tutorial

Rhobes

Registered
Hello-

I have a new 8 CD tutorial from Total Training (For Photoshop7). Firstly, I have worn out my welcome with there support, they say my system is too slow to run it, and they have never had another similar question before, thats their final reply & no return. I forgot to mention that I did download and am using the most recent update from their web site support, the dmg file. I also downloaded the other available files even though they didn't apply, and didn't help. I am using Quiktime player 7.0.3 (Pro) and IE 5.2 which the tutorial uses.

My system specs: iMac 17" G4(Model 8812) 80GB HD, 800MHz, 1024 MB SDRAM, OS X v10.3.9. I think it's pretty sad to say my system can't run their CD because it's too old and powerless, Oh, sorry, they said it was TOO SLOW.

I have the most recent updates for any associated software, including QuikTime Pro(which didn't help in the least). My software FAR exceeds all minimal requirments for the tutorial. The program runs absolutley fine except, the REVERSE feature[<<] simply will not work, you have to return all the way back to the lesson beginning (using the Fast Rev Mode [/<] button), the regular REV dosen't function. There is no knob to stop or move the time line(you can't alter it like in older versions), you ONLY have typical VCR type push button controls. FAST FORWARD[>>] & [>/] works great, but I need to go backward to hear something over. It also has PLAY,PAUSE.

After loading the program installation disc, your left with a desk top Icon you open to begin. It opens to a table of contents & the whole image(table of contents) is within the(VCR type) player, with all the control buttons at the bottom. You next select your lesson from the player(that which the icon opened), you then insert the correct CD and it fills the player and the movie begins, your VCR type controls at the bottom of the player.

My thought is it may work with an older QuickTime version, something put out at the time this PS7 tutorial was made but I don't have OS 9 and can't load any of the older versions to see. I tend to think it probably is not the CD's. Some say copy the CD to the HD & run it from there, I've tried but it dosen't work, you have to use the player which the icon opens to run the CD & select the lesson from it, as well as have any control with it.

ANY IDEA's??? I'm ready to bring it into a Mac authorized repair but am afraid they won't get it fixed, yet charge me up front, & say it's the CD's not the Mac- you can bet. I don't know much about computers but with the help from Mac forums & a little reading I usually know more about my problems than the repair techs here in Western Montana. But, this has got me pulling my hair out!!!!!:eek:

Thanks for any suggestion....
Your humble servant
Rhobes

Back