Trying to Install D-Link Bluetooth Adaptor in iMac

Mark1154

Registered
The D-Link DBT-120 I just purchased does not work. I have an iMac G4 and purchased the D-Link USB 2.0 Bluetooth adaptor. The documentation states that it is compatible with Macs running 10.4.3 or higher. I am using OS 10.4.11. I inserted the installation disk and nowhere on the disk was there an icon to select for installation (I tried them all). The installation version was 1.10. After several unsuccessful tries I called D-Link and got their Tech Support on the line. She kept asking me for the hardware version number on the module but there is NO hardware version on the module. She then told me to shut down the computer and install the module in a USB port and when the computer rebooted it would ask me about the new item and we could install it that way. I thought this was strange because the documentation came with a warning not to install the module before the disk installation was completed. That process did not work. She asked me if the light on the module was lit...it was. She then said it looks like the D-Link Module would not work on my computer. All the documentation says it would work! She referred me to Apple and told me there was no higher level of Tech Support at D-Link to help me. Anyone know what's going on here???

Back