Turning off Mac OS 9 Carbon on OS X Tiger

untz

Registered
I've been launching applications on OS X Tiger and somehow a Carbon (OS 9) application starts... I can however still use FireFox, MS Word, and Safari, without any problems...

What is going on? Is it that I can run Carbon OS 9 applications within OS X Tiger without having to switch modes? If I am, indeed, set inside OS 9 Carbon, how do I unset it?

With thanks,

untz said:
I've been launching applications on OS X Tiger and somehow a Carbon (OS 9) application starts... I can however still use FireFox, MS Word, and Safari, without any problems...

What is going on? Is it that I can run Carbon OS 9 applications within OS X Tiger without having to switch modes? If I am, indeed, set inside OS 9 Carbon, how do I unset it?

With thanks,
I don't quite understand your problem. Do you have a Carbon app that runs natively in MacOS X? If this is your problem, then you don't have a problem. This is expected behavior for Carbon apps. Carbon apps are MacOS X apps that can run in the Classic environment or MacOS 9 if the CarbonLib is installed. However, for a Carbon app to run in the Classic environment, the Open in the Classic environment in the Get Info dialog box must be checked. If your problem is that a Carbon app launched Classic, then all you have to do is to uncheck Open in the Classic environment in the Get Info dialog box.

Back