U.S and sales tax?

nukethenick

Registered
I'm moving to florida shortly and I'm going to buy a spanking new 15" over there.

Any suggstions for where to buy it? A shop in florida would be nice I guess, but not if it's a lot more expensive.

I'm also wondering about this whole sales tax concept. Here in sweden (yes, I'm swedish) we have VAT which is 25%, but how to I know what the total US price will be?

There's no sales tax added if you order at applestore, so I'm guessing you'd have to check out the prices of a store IN florida to get the correct price with taxes, correct?

Getting rid of my old tibook tomorrow hopefully. That new alu is just too sexy. Need one :D

sales tax varies from state to state. sometimes even from city to city if they have local sales taxes. but it's rarely over 9% and most places it is lower. i don't know florida's tax but i'm sure you can find it somewhere on the net. however, if you order from a store in another state, no sales tax is charged. in california, we have almost 9% sales tax. so shipping and handling is a lot less than tax on big ticket items. it's one reason i don't buy from the online apple store. they are in calif. and so they charge tax to me. but someone in florida would just pay shipping.

Sales Tax here in Florida is 6%. However, I buy all my stuff online and sometimes pay no shipping, and when I do pay shipping (on bigger ticket items) it is usually less than the sales tax. Hope this helps.

You may not have to pay any sales tax buying online. Check with the dealers. Apple DOES charge sales tax to all states. It would be in the final order total.

If you should find yourself in the state of Delaware after you come over, buy there. There is no sales tax.

Back