Um . . .well . . .its a combo

SurferChick07

Registered
Okay . . .
how does one take a short movie file and convert it to Windows Media Player for mac AND pc? Also, what about for on the net, as in, is it any different conversion? (correct me if im wrong, but i dont think it is.)

i know this question might really belong here, but i dont know where else to turn. i have this Final Cut Pro file and need to transfer it to mac AND pc for streaming. any suggestions or software i have to dl?

thanks!

Quicktime format would be the easiest as it is implemented well on both platforms. MS tend to be a bit hokey when it comes to their mac support, with the exception of Office.
Failing that, an MPEG format would also be a good move, as these are an open standard and widely supported.
RealPlayer is not really an option unless you want to do the conversion on a PC. They don't have encoders for mac, and I think the player is still in a beta.
I think the MS format you are looking for is called ASF. (Something like active streaming format, I think) Can anyone help SureferChick out a bit with this one?

wmv is the only Windows Media format supported on both Mac and PC. M$ dropped ASF support for the Mac, so you won't be playing them under your OS X machine any time soon.

Make sure it is Windows Meda 7 though, since I have not seen WM8 support on the Mac as of yet.

Back