Unreal Tournament 2003 - OSX Native?

johnnyb

Registered
Anybody know if ut2003 will be available as an OSX native game? The demo wants to run in Classic mode but I don't (and won't, don't need it) have Classic/OS9 installed.

Any info?

My nephew was here and I was hoping to play vs. him on my network from my Linux box.

Thanks in advance!

JB

Thanks for the link. Unfortunatley it's only for the full OS9 version, and not the demo.......

I'll look arounf today for some more info.

You can use the update for the demo as well... just got to copy new unrealtournament.ini, user.ini and finally a new unrealtournamentX Application.
It worked for me

I read back in January, the MacWorld expo, that UT 2003 will be only for MacOS X (as it relies on the OpenGL technology) and will be released Q1 2003 (around May/June time I expect).

The system requirements are quite high at the moment, and they are working on the game to bring these down. What I have read is that the game will on run on a machine that has 64MB graphics card, but they are working on it to bring this down to 32MB, so more Macs can play it.

I have tried to locate the source of this information, but I just can't remember where I read it... sorry.

Hope it helps...?

64 meg minimum!? Crap! That would suck so bad...seeing as how the 17inch 800 mhz iMacs come with 32megs on the video card.

Frankly, I doubt that 17" iMacs have the bus bandwidth and cpu power to play UT2k3. Besides, UT2k3 is a very very GPU-punishing game. I would be very surprised if it plays on 32mb cards.

yeah...thats the only thing I have to say I am dissapointed about the new iMacs...2x AGP on the graphics cards...*sigh*...oh well....I still love my Mac:D

Back