Untitled volume - complete delete?

aidenw

Registered
Gah, I fixed it. All I needed to do was format the Untitled to an MS-DOS format so bootcamp would recognise it as a windows partition to restore it. It was there as a Mac OS Extended volume. Never mind! uh.. if only I figured it out before the post. Because I did it literally RIGHT after I made it.. derp.

I know there are other threads about this, but they don't seem to cater for my problem.

So, I have an 'Untitled' volume basically just sitting there. I need to actually delete it instead of just erase it, but I really have no idea how. There is no 'partitions' tab in my disk utility, and I have tried a couple of command line things - yet only erased it. I've had this problem for a couple of weeks now but now I'm pretty sure this is what is making bootcamp tell me to restore the disk to a single journaled drive, bleh or whatever it is. It's 3am so I can't really remember it. I would just format the computer and reinstall, but it's summer holidays here and I'd probably need my school to install monitoring stuff again, and I'm sure that they wouldn't want me formatting it (it's a rented computer) - so complete reinstall isn't an option.

So I was wondering if there is a way at all to just get rid of my little untitled tumor thing I have here?
Thanks so much in advance, and I'm still kinda new to using macs as I've been using Windows all my life and have only had this computer for about four months.

Also, specs if they help:
Macbook, OS X 10.6.5
2.26GH Intel Core Duo
2GB Ram 1067 MHz DDR3

Last edited:
Back