Use iPod as a Keynote Remote?

macmastah

Registered
Hey,

Is it possible to use a 4G iPod (only its middle button) to go through, click by click, a keynote presentation?

Thought it might be useful if I could use my iPod, connected to my Powerbook G4 through firewire as a remote while presenting.

Thanks!

macmastah said:
Hey,

Is it possible to use a 4G iPod (only its middle button) to go through, click by click, a keynote presentation?

Thought it might be useful if I could use my iPod, connected to my Powerbook G4 through firewire as a remote while presenting.

Thanks!
Not possible, but you could try using Salling Clicker and a bluetooth enabled mobile phone to control your presentation (assuming you have BT on your PB).

Kap

Thanks for your posts,
Thinking about it, it seems sort of pointless to use the iPod as a remote. Sailing Clicker is exactly what I resorted too, thanks.

--macmastah

this is kind of a moot point seeing as you dont have a photo-capable iPod, but...

I've actually used my iPod for presentations. What I do is create each slide in Photoshop or whatever, and import them into iPhoto. Then I organise the slides in the order I want and voila! a (basic) keynote presentation.

If you are going somewhere that you know has a TV or projector with an RCA input you have a presentation. Sure beats carrying around a projector.

It's only ever come in handy once, when I wanted to give a presentation but didn't have access to a projector for my iBook to plug into. I knew they had a TV, so it worked OK as a backup measure.

</My_Two_Cents>

macmastah said:
Thanks for your posts,
Thinking about it, it seems sort of pointless to use the iPod as a remote. Sailing Clicker is exactly what I resorted too, thanks.

--macmastah

It costs a little more than 20 bucks. For about forty bucks, I bought a AirClick. At first, the buttons seemed weirdly aligned, but after some use, it all made sense. You can use it to control Keynote, iTunes, PowerPoint, and about ten more apps. It uses radio frequencies to send the signal, so you don't have to point the remote directly at some lil square (infrared receiver).

Back