Users getting email notifications when they respond

Cheryl

Rosie Moderator
Staff member
Mod
I had noticed this on a couple of my tickets, but thought nothing of it as it wasn't many. The users are getting email notification after they respond to a tech on their own question.
DeltaMac has this one:

http://macosx.com/tech-support/trying-to-install-jaguar-10-2-on-a-bie/27661.html

It was a question that did not get a tech assigned until I manually corrected it.

This is also a good example of the empty space under Tech Support. How - why is that there? I noticed it on a few other tickets, but again thought nothing of it thinking it was the system.

Ill take a look. I meant to tackle these issues yesterday, but the notification system took much longer than I had expected.

Okay, I think I got this fixed. We will just have to wait and see with any new tickets that this applies too.

How This Works

This system looks for questions in OPEN status, this could be new questions or reopened questions. When they expire, it moves them to the forums. "TechSupport" replies to the ticket with a message saying its been moved. But due to some catches for the old system still in place, it was bugging out and not working. So, I believe that part is resolved.

Remaining Issues

The BLANK "TechSupport" posts I don't know why those are happening. Are they happened to tickets that are not open or been reopened (by either user, tech or the system itself)?

I noticed those blank tech support posts in questions that have been reopened by the user from what I can see.

I'll watch that a bit closer.

Back