viewing .3gp converted by quicktime pro on a nokia 7600

eliezer

Registered
hi

i can convert movies to .3gp using imToo on Virtual PC and then send them to my nokia 7600 mobile phone, and i can watch all the videos without any problems.

however, my virtual pc messed up and i want to convert files to .3gp using quicktime pro.

i did this and sent the files to my nokia 7600, but for some reason, i can't watch the videos and i get an error message stating "file format not supported". does anyone know why it works with the imToo converter, but not with qt pro?

i have also tried using SimpleMovieX (on mac) but the same problem occurs

does anyone have a solution to my problem?

your help will be appreciated deeply

thanks in advance

Hi,

I've used QT-PRO to convert QT movies to 3GP for my Motorola v551 phone (also worked fine in other Moto phone and Nokia). I believe I ran into same problem, but was related to sound sample rate, and perhaps FPS. Here's info on a converted 3GP settings:

AMR Narrowband, Mono, 8.000 kHz
MPEG-4 Video, 176 x 144, Millions

15FPS

176 x 144 pixels

Hope this helps.

-chuck

these are the settings that i used. these are the settings you get when you click on .3gpp for mobile phones.

and it didn't work for me.

can someone please give me more detailed figures please thanks

As long as your QT can covert video to the format, the defaults should work. I send home movies to my Nokia 6630 via bluetooth without problems.

Just what kind of videos are you trying to send?

i've converted 30 second .avi, .mov, .mpg, .wmv, etc. to .3gp using the qt pro setting for phones.

and i then send them to my phone and i get a message saying invalid file type.

but when i use the imTOO converter on Windows, it works fine.

i fixed my problem.

my dad brought home a bluetooth adaptor and now i can really really easily transfer mp3s, videos and pictures to my phone.

and all the videos work now for some weird reason. the same ones that i sent by email.

i dont understand it either. don't worry. ;)

When you send binaries through mail, especially to a computer or device with a different operatin system, you should encode them in a robust format. Try Zip, or better still hqx. That's probably why they didn't work: one of the mail servers messed them up.

in an attempt to replicate the problem, i took an 8mb quicktime movie, and converted it to a .3gp...the result was the video file with no sound? any idea why the sound was stripped out?

Back