Viewing Images in a Zip archive without Unzipping???

Hermeneus

Registered
I am looking for a image viewer (with slide-show) for OS X that lets you view images within a zip archive (or any major compression format: sit, rar, lha) without unzipping (decompressing) it.

There are quite a few viewers that can do this for Windows and a couple of them for UNIX and Mac Classic, but I could not find one for Mac OS X.

Unix source code that you could compile on OS X (with or without X-window/Fink) would be ok too.

Or alternatively, an utility that could mount a zip (or sit, etc.) archive like dmg/img disk image on OS X, so that you could use regular image viewers to slide-show the contents without unzipping.

Thanks in advance.

that would be cool, I know CDFinder allows you to see the name of the files, I haven't looked at the most recent release, I still use a older version.

StuffIt Browser (?) is no longer available in the latest Stuffit Delux for OS X. You have to use the StuffIt app or Magic Menu (contextual menu) to browse archives, and it is not exactly like regular folders on Finder, as you cannot use other apps to directly open files in the archives.

Back