VPN problem

Paul C

Registered
I recently setup a VPN on our draytek router which works fine, problem is that when at home the VPN connects fine but I can't ping or browse the mac mini server (running 10.6), the VPN connection picks up an address on the same range as the server 192.168.1.X.

Another weird thing is that is that when I connect my MBP to another internet connect it connects and allows server browsing, I've tried 4 internet connections and all 4 connect to the VPN fine but only 1 actually allows me to browse and ping the server. The 3 which won't allow me to browse the server allow me to connect to other companies and browse fine so it doesn't seem like an ISP blocking issue.

Please help as it's driving me crazy

Thanks in advance

Paul

I Have a similar problem,

I have one mac os x server 10.6 running a VPN with two ethernet cards; one private and one public, being this one as default gateway on netstat. When I connect trough the vpn not using "Send all traffic over VPN connection" i can access my lag (on the office with has vpn) and reach the internet (over my home's iso connection). But I need to access some services that are only reachable on the office, so i need to tick "Send all traffic over VPN connection". At this way i cannot reach neither lag on office neither web. Cannot ping none address etc... Can you help me out please?

Hi,

Just wanted to say thanks for the input, it was due to the VPN router having a 192.168.1 range which was conflicting with the connecting routers having the same range, rookie mistake I know.

Thanks

Paul

Back