WAP Site

Thrillseeker TS

Registered
I guess this would go here. I was just wondering, since my cell phone has mobile internet, is there any way I can host a WAP-compatible site off of X's Apache? Because I want to like be able to download my own ringtones and graphics, but there's no PC cable for my phone, and I don't feel like paying for the stuff.

Thrillseeker TS said:
I guess this would go here. I was just wondering, since my cell phone has mobile internet, is there any way I can host a WAP-compatible site off of X's Apache? Because I want to like be able to download my own ringtones and graphics, but there's no PC cable for my phone, and I don't feel like paying for the stuff.

You needn't host any WAP pages on the server, just the files you wish to download.

I don't serve them myself, because of my hideously slow connection, but I upload Nokia-compatible midi and JPEG files for my phone to an online webserver all the time.

On the phone, just connect to the exact URL of the file you want to download (in the Services > Go to URL option on my Nokia 3530) and it spends a little while downloading it through GPRS or WAP or whatever, and then it comes up to tell you that it's downloaded and you just tell the phone to save it.

So if you are using OS X's Apache Server, just type the URL in as http://your.ip/~your-username/yourringtone.mid

Good luck with that.

Back