Way to run non-Intel Software: Manga Studio

bradbaxter

Registered
I made the stupid mistake of buying Manga Studio software without first making sure it is Universal. It isn't. Does anyone know if there is a way to run it?

I don't know much about this... but I keep hearing words like "emulation" and "rosetta"... could any of that apply in this case?

Also, when I put in the installation disk, it reads it for a few moments (like 30-60 seconds) and then just pops it back out, with no error message. Nothing. Other disks work fine, so I don't think it is a drive issue.

Thanks for any help!

Brad

Chances are that, once installed, it will "just work". Rosetta is just the part of the Intel-native Mac OS that runs PowerPC software — it's completely transparent, and you don't need to do anything special to use it. I've never used Manga Studio myself, though, so I can't vouch for it first-hand. But it looks like the kind of thing that would run just fine under Rosetta. (Although it might be a bit slow.)

I don't think the CD issue could possibly have anything to do with the fact that it's not an Intel program. There's no such thing as a PPC or Intel CD, after all. Sounds like the disk is faulty, so I'd return it.

Hi brad, I'm having the same problem as you. Mikuro is quite correct that intel machines can 'emulate' the ppc versions quite seamlessly so you will have no issues there. I simply copied the Manga Studio files from my ppc to my new intel and it opened fine (as a side note the EX version of manga studio is reportedly having issues under Leopard).

Unfortunately I'm having the same disk spinning issue as you as well, and the piracy protection on Manga Studio will not allow the installed software to operate without the CD also being present in the drive...

I'm still not sure what to do about this though, I have emailed e-frontier about the possiblity of it being corrupt (since I know my disk isn't scratched) and have tried more than one computer. I'm suspecting either the slot loading CD drives being a problem or possibly the disk being extra glossy?

If I find an answer I'll try to post it here

Back