Web Hosting Service - Featureprice.com

legacyb4

Registered
Just thought I'd share my frustration with the web hosting service mentioned above. Like many other services, they offer a great deal on paper but when it comes to real world delivery, it falls short of expectation.

Due to less than expected performance, I've been trying since the end of December to cancel my account with these guys and getting a refund for all or partial amount of my pre-paid contract.

They've got a "helpful" ticket/helpdesk system which, after filing a ticket for account cancellation, I was told to write to billing@featureprice.com. I formally submit a request, get a request for additional information to verify my request, send it off, then start waiting.

After no response for two weeks, I write several times to the billing@fp.com address only to have the mail start bouncing. I log back into the helpdesk and am told the following:

Hello, first of all I( Technical Support Head) apologise for the problems you are facing and assure you that we are working round the clock to have this resolved. You will be happy to know that by next week we will transfer you to a new state of the art Control Panel which will not only solve your present problems but also make you the king(give you complete control) of your own server space. This new panel, will drastically change the hosting experience that you have had with us or would have had with other providers. Therefore, I request you to not change your hosting provider and stay with us and give us a chance to share this experience(Control Panel) with you. While I understand that this does not solve your immediate problems, I still hope that you will stay with us and give us an opportunity to correct the wrong.

which does nothing to answer my inquiry about why my cancellation request is taking so long. So I write to say that my mail is bouncing and am told next that:

Your email to billing at Featureprice.com was not read by a billing liaison. Your email is important to us and because of this we have begun a quality assurance measure so that we may promptly assist you in your request.

If your emailing billing to request a refund or cancel your account; you will need to visit http://billing.featureprice.com and you will need to fill out the form online, this form will provide you with a unique tracking number and your tracking number is recorded into our database for security. Next, you will need to have your credit card that you used when purchasing your account on hand and your driverÑ« license and make a copy of the front and back of both. You will then need to print out the form and fax with your request the copies of your driverÑ« license and credit card to the number on the form.

You will receive within 24-72hrs a response to your request to the fax number you provided on the request form. There is NO email sent. We will NOT accept email requests any longer as EMAIL is forged and can be spoofed easily. This is for your security and ours. We require these documents to establish identity so that we can ensure that a NON-AUTHORIZED person is gaining control over your account as this too can happen easily by email. NO request for the same reasons of lack of identity can be taken over the phone.

So, I go to the URL given above which turns out to be an unsecure web form asking for name, credit card info, driver's license numbers, and telephone numbers. Not willing to submit all this info through a web page, I write back and am told:

Please direct an email to billing@featureprice.com

which I throw my hands up in despair. Next, I submit a new ticket voicing my concerns over submitting sensitive data over an unsecure form and get the response:

I have consulted with our system admin and submitting the the form at billing.featureprice.com
is absolutely safe. You can go ahead with it.

If you should need any other information feel free to get back to support.
Thank you.

Still working on how to get my account cancelled...

Sorry for the rant.

Back