Whaaa Jaggie isn't stable!! :(

AppleWatcher

Tigerrr
O guys it's not a kernel panic but this isn't nice... :(

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

-AppleWatcher

i experienced that yesterday. I simply opened mail to get my menu bar back, then logged off. I relogged in and i havent had any problems since then.

I have problems only when I use iPhoto and MacSlidePublisher, I must say my system partition is only 3GB with 420MB free, and when iPhoto is on for some time and I try to download some 40 slides in the Publisher, then the partition gets full, and the system slows down until it hangs.

I have possibly reinstalled my system more times than anyone. In a week, 7 times, and 3 times last Friday alone. I think this old Hard Drive is about to go for good, so the replacement for the 10 gig will be here Thursday. Jag is either the problem, or I've been hacked. At one time, 3 of my 5 partitions bombed. I lost both systems, and a empty storage partion. I kept getting volume header, and other volume problems. When the other drive gets here, I will reformat the 30 gig i have, then install 3 systems, two X, one 10.2.1 and the other 10.1.5, and 9.2.2 This has been a week of pure fustration. I also keep getting a message that one of my apps is in use by somebody, and I'm the only user, whats that about? I have the firewall on.

Urban, I don't think you have been hacked.

The problem sounds more like hardware starting to fail. Unless you are making yourself into a big fat target and having SSH access on, then there is little chance that someone is malicously trying to destroy your drive.

When the system hangs, certain 'lock' files don't appear to get cleaned in Jaguar. These lock files are used by apps to prevent many copies from being run. Mostly I see this in Cocoa apps (new addition to the framework to use em?)

Well i have no access, I'm on a ethernet connection, so I have file sharing and and apple talk off. guess my drive has had it, luckly i have a backup in, so I just replace the broke with the new, and this time have a 3rd option, just in case.

Back