What cd's do I need

geobrasil

Registered
I have a Macbook Pro 3.1 running OS X 10.5.4 w/Intel Core2Duo 2.2GHZ. I purchased from Apple refurbished about 9 months ago. I don't have the packaging anymore, but do not believe the cd's were there anyhow. In any event what do I need?
Do I need a copy of the restore cd's? If so can anyone point me to where I can purchase them. I am in Brazil now so they would have to be able to ship international.
OR
Can I (should I) purchase a new retail copy of OS X ?
I need the cd's to do the bootcamp install, well also to have them on hand for anything else.
When I search ebay for recovery cd's some say they are processor specific, and other say they are version specific (like they will only run on macbook pro 4.1 or something like that) and then some say they work on any macbook pro. So I am confused. Less I say I am new to the Mac World so excuse my ignorance.

Thanks
***** UPDATE FROM ME! *****
OK I now know I need the restore cd's because the retail version does not have the bundled Ilife08... But so here I found a set that they say works on all intel macs, CAN YOU JUST VERIFY THIS.. Here is the information

Disc info:

Mac OS version 10.5.4

AHT version 3A152

Disc version 1.0

2Z691-6248-A

Thanks
George

Sounds like the retail version, so it doesn't contain iLife. It'll work on your computer if it's retail, but alas: No iLife. That can be bought separately, though. I'd contact Apple if I were you. I don't know exactly what the official policy is on the restore discs.

Thanks, well actually I only want them because I want to use bootcamp to install XP on my Macbook. So will the retail version work? Will they have all the correct drivers and such?

Thanks
George

Back