What do you spent on macosx?

OK, one Australian dollars about 51 US cents, so...

1. $4000 inc tax.
2. Free. Upgrades free. Shweeeeet.
3. Nope. Haven't even thought about it yet.
4. Nope. "MAC for the Brain-Dead" is below my level. "MAC for programmers" is more than I need. He he he
5. prob abt $30 all up.

$4000 for OS X ? :p maybe one too many zeroes lol

I have spent nothing on it :p except my time to play around with it and gain experience :D

ok, now who should be reading posts more carefully? #1 is cost of computer. i doubt he is running osx on a $400 computer. (he he)

herve - i don't even want to think about this question right now. but thanks for asking.;)

I wasnt thinking of the computer :p
My mind went to the cost of OS X...
At $400AUD, that would mean about $200USD...I took into consideration that there might be inflation causeing the OS X CD to cost $200USD instead of the norma $130USD we pay here :p

1. $0. Still using my 350MHz slot-loading iMac.
2. $99. Got it on special sale from MacZone, and got the free 10.1 upgrade.
3. $0. Not sure what kind of exam you had in mind. A colonoscopy? ;)
4. $60. I broke down and bought 2 books, one a general guide (waste of $) and one on programming in OS X.
5. $5. I bought one issue of MacWorld that featured OS X.

1. iMac. $1700 Cdn.
2. $120. Cdn. Mac OS X. I bought this separately as I bought my iMac when the public beta was still out. Another iMac I bought later had it included.
3. $0
4. $0
5. Many issues of MacAddict have have Mac OS X articles. Although I always bought MacAddict, even before OS X was out.

All and all - pretty great deal for computer nirvana :D

I have sold my red electric guitar(Stratocaster-Daytone) for buying macfan for half the money. I own also a Yamaha PortaSound PSS-370 keyboard and this is not for sale!

1. G4 tower - $1799
2. Monitor keyboard and a whole ish load of other crap - $2000

id list them out but id be here all day

PowerBook G4: $3,300

Mac OS X: $120

MacAddict subscription: $29

Humbling Windows XP users: Priceless

There are some things in life money can't buy.
For everything else, there's MasterCard.

well the look of longing and desire on the faces of any windows user that I pull my Ti Powerbook G4 out in front of was well worth the 3300 I spent on it. Hell, having the best operating system, the largest screen and the fastest notebook in the world is just an added bonus. :)

Back