What kind of Mac do you own?

What kind of Mac do you own? (Check more than one if it applies)

• eMac

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • iBook (Fruit)

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • iBook (White)

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • iMac (CRT)

Votes: 32 22.5%
  • iMac (Flat Panel)

Votes: 18 12.7%
  • Powerbook G3

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Power Mac G3 (Beige)

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Power Mac G3 (Blue and White)

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Powerbook G4 (Ti)

Votes: 17 12.0%
  • Powerbook G4 (Al)

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • G4 Cube

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • G4 (Original case)

Votes: 21 14.8%
  • G4 (QuickSilver)

Votes: 17 12.0%
  • G4 (Mirrored Drive Doors)

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • Xserve

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Older Mac

Votes: 22 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ricky

Registered
I'm doing this to see if my iMac is truely obsolete now, seeing as how it's been discontinued. :p Three and a half years can't be that bad, can it? :D

(I started this poll to get a good graphic representation of all the machines out there, in case you're wondering. :) )

If you want details, look at my sig and add a 600 Mhz Blue Dalmatian iMac (192 MB RAM) at work. BTW, all of them still working and beautiful!!!

There should be a different option for the first iMacs, those between 266-399 mhz (bright colors). That way we see how many that bought during the hype 98-99. I got an imac CRT 600 mhz at work and an eMac at home.

...before that I was the VERY proud owner of a PowerMac G4/867 ;)

And I think I'm going to be a proud owner of another new Mac sometime this(?) year: PowerMac G970 :D

And in case that you read some of my previous posts, something about me liking my TiBook so much and never going for a static computer again, I have to say these:
-My wife all of a sudden likes the TiBook VERY much (more than she did our previous Mac and MORE than any other computer before it)
-Some things I'm goind to do near at the end of this year demand more from a computer... Heck even if no 970 based PowerMac will come by then, I'm going for ANY PowerMac of that time :D

This poll won't give you what you want. Just the results from people coming to this board. There are thousands of these machines in use and you won't hear from those people.

Your Mac won't be obsolete until you decide it is. There are people still using machines much older. My oldest is a IIsi and it still runs great, but not quite as fast as either of my G4's.

Who got the Xserve? :eek:
Originally posted by bobw
My oldest is a IIsi and it still runs great, but not quite as fast as either of my G4's.
I should hope not. After a bit of pressuring and some problems, my dad finally decided we needed computer newer than a IIsi, so 5 years ago we went out and bought a G3/233 tower. And it's now feeling long in the tooth. (Though, this new 19" monitor (up from 15" Apple Muliple Scan AV) looks awesome.)

The IIsi still works, but it's been stashed for an upgraded 7300. I'd use it as a server if it knew what a server was.

Haha, iMac CRT wins! They are good computers, huh guys. When I get a new mac the what should I do with the iMac? Use it as a fileserver? I think I'm gonna use it as an mp3 server? It's a great machine :).

I have a DP867. It's nice but I wish I kept my iBook DVD G3500 (white) as it did the same thing (a little slower & quiter) but was cheap and portable.

Originally posted by Langley
I have a DP867. It's nice but I wish I kept my iBook DVD G3500 (white) as it did the same thing (a little slower & quiter) but was cheap and portable.

Strange... i'd never go back 2 my iBook / 500 ... its SOO slow by comparison to my G4 Cube.It was the 66Mhz sys bus one, right? :confused:

NeYo

I've got several Macs and have had several more, but my favorite all time computer is my iMac 400.

It's not as powerful as the DPs, but it always did everything I asked of it. It is quiet, small and friendly. The slot-loading CD is great, the speakers sound decent and the screen looks good. The iMac was a winner.

I've got mine working as a file server in OS X and it really delivers. I get slightly better performance from it than from our dedicated Win2K true server running similar PC hardware (which I dumped for a variety of reasons).

Read my signature. I see Macintoshes as pets, like a dog. Different kinds, sizes, and tricks. I gave mine a name lol.....

Originally posted by toast
A server is a thing you cannot get from a IIsi :rolleyes:
As we used to say in last year's Spanish III class, ¡El duh! Hence "if it knew what a server was."

My iMac is 400 Mhz, slot-loading DVD-ROM drive, and it's pretty solid, but it does have the odd glitch from time to time, although I am a second owner, so the previous owners may have loaded something weird (you know, like when you own a car after someone and you find all the change in the seats and the broken car parts).

I'm surprised the CRT iMac is winning... although Apple did sell a lot of them. And I'm not surprised no one has a Cube... pretty much crap compared to the towers. It runs fine, I'm sure, but it was too expensive and underfeatured to compete.

Originally posted by arden
I'm not surprised no one has a Cube... pretty much crap compared to the towers. It runs fine, I'm sure, but it was too expensive and underfeatured to compete.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:p

<< glances @ his own sig >> :eek:

i've always wanted to get an iMac tho, Still would if i saw one cheap somewhere, i dunno why really, when i already have a more powerful desktop machine, but i still wouldn't mind getting one! ...Duh!

I would LOVE to own a Cube! Yes it is a little slow and hard to upgrade but the finner things in life e.g Vinal records, come with there cons as well. It's a collectable. I'm searching eBay now!

Back