I use these tools together:

DVDExtractor 0.9b
OSEx 0.0100b
QT Mutator
mAC3dec 1.3
MacMPEG2Decoder 1.0b7r3

and I re-encode video with either
Sorenson Video 3 Pro or 3ivx Delta 3.5

NOTE: The above tools will not always properly rip the video or audio out ot DVDs. You can, however, make disk images that you can save and rip again later when improved tools are released.

Don't ask me where to get them. I'm sure you're smart enough to find them.

The law says you can make backups of your software, but not of your movies? Yet another law I won't loose any sleep over if I break it.

Originally posted by Jadey
but not of your movies?
Well, that's the way the MPAA wants it. :rolleyes:

Why else would they go mad over the DeCSS project?

Have you heard about the new efforts to put encryptions on digital TV transmissions so they can't be copied?? Arrgghh...

You wonder why they waste their time. The people who are going to copy movies, games, music, etc. are going to come up with the tools to achieve this.

Personally, I don't bother with TV much, but I am upset that when Australia goes "All digital" in six years time - as if the population can afford to upgrade by then, when there are only 2 decoders available and both ludicrously expensive - I will no longer be able to simply tape a show and watch it later!

Why should anyone have to spend $700 AU (about $350 US) on a box just to watch TV? Most people I know didn't even spend half that on their TV set.

If the media companies get bitten in the #@$, its their own fault for being so shortsighted and selfish.
:mad:

Thanks to starfleetX for his precisions. You don't use iDVD ? Does anyone do ?
Anyway, the industry can try what they wants, people will always find a way to copy, most of times by the same people who works on encryption.
In France, you can find illegal copy of DVDs for 8€...

Back