What the heck...

gravy

Registered
Since Apple supposedly browses this area, I'll go ahead and put my wish list out there. I've used Apples since my LC which had 4MB ram and I think it had a 40MB HD. I own my own business and truly would love to use OSX and throw away the aging OS9. We tried it for awhile on a couple of systems and hope to switch over to OSX in the near future. However Apple really needs to get a handle on the developer community to drive the development of necessary drivers. What is the point to have a stable of apps like Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign,etc. if you can't print, scan or even sync with Entourage? The new OS should enable end-users to work more efficiently not keep them from doing their work. We just purchased an HP20PS printer–a pretty nice printer. It is fairly new but will only work with OS9. I went to purchase a cheap scanner for my home. The two Canon scanners they had in the Apple store didn't even work with OSX. This is a major issue. I have a two button mouse that I bought from Msoft about a year ago. It's a two button mouse, but doesn't work with OSX.
Things Apple can control: OS window speed. It is very nice on my 867 at work, but on my G4 500 it is pretty lethargic.
Networking is still a bit flaky on my AirPort with my Titanium laptop. When I travel back and forth between work and home if I am connected to a server before I leave and I come home to another wireless network–it hangs for quite some time from sleep or login.

well said... i couldn't print on my epson until a few monthes ago, but I constantly checked the epson website, because I was pretty sure that apple wouldn't release the printer drivers themselves, so I suggest maybe that you check the website of the manufacturers of the scanners and printers for mac os x drivers.

Back