What to do?

brentasaurus

Registered
Im in the market for a new Mac (Powerbook 1Ghz/1gigRAM) but I just wanted to know if I should hold off until after the holidays?

Just wonderind if there were any hardware releases coming out soon.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

it's always a good idea to wait till after a macworld if possible, sometimes they will lower prices, or offer new hardware/software relases that you would possibly have to pay for if you don't wait.

if you CAN wait, i'd hang on a little while longer. honestly though, i don't know what the powermac line has in store for us next year...

well, i use the scientific method of guessing to figure this out. :D try going to some of the online mac resellers and look at the models that are dropping in price and have too many free extras to be true.these are often the ones that are about to see upgrade announcements. i'm even guessing that we're going to see a new original cd update to the retail version of jaguar given the recent rebates attached to it. 10.2.3 is not far away if my method works.

Thanks for the advice.

Do you really think Appe is gonna release a lot of new hardware at Macworld this year? G5 maybe?

i dont think a G5 will ever exist, more like a hotter G4 or whatever rumored x86 ;)

I hope they have in mind an Apple iPDA (like Plam). I could really use an Apple original PDA that will sink with iCal, Address Book etc.

I also hope to see from apple an iBrowser>>PLEASE PLEASE!

Considering that Apple has just updated both of its portable lineups, any hardware updates at MWSF will probably be in the desktop arena. In addition, software will probably be a bigger focus this time around.

spuchee is certainly right in both posts. ;)

PowerBook 1 GHz: Just introduced. Won't drop in price anytime soon. And it's a good one, too. I'd get it now if I had the money.

Originally posted by Langley
I hope they have in mind an Apple iPDA (like Plam). I could really use an Apple original PDA that will sink with iCal, Address Book etc.

I also hope to see from apple an iBrowser>>PLEASE PLEASE!

In these times with the market being bad (people don't need a 1.25 ghz g4 to surf the net and shoot off emails) , I doubt Apple will do anything as risky as that. If they did consider getting involved with PDAs, maybe an affiliation with Palm and start releasing a portable OS X or something along those lines?

probability: low to very low. :)

iPod synchs with those apps, btw. as do the palms/cliés etc.

Apple has said that they don't want to do hardware releases at the shows anymore because people are timing/delaying their purchases. They have also been following this plan for the last year.

Still, I don't believe it. The January show is special and I expect hardware to be released. I would wait. If they don't release updates in Jan, I'll be fully convinced for a while.

Vanguard

Back