what to use?

I really want to get into some good web design and I want to know a great program to use not really for web but for making great graphics to add to a site???

I spend most of my time in Photoshop and ImageReady and some time in Painter and Illustrator. ImageReady is a great app for making sure your site loads fast!

I use photoshop, the good thing is that I got it from my department (well it got it for me he he) so I did not have to pay the $500 (ouch) -- but if you are using it and being productive its wekk worth teh price :)

Hey, when I was working on the local newspaper and preparing 200 plus photos and graphics a day, PhotoShop was the only one that could keep up. If you use it wisely, its a bargain at twice the price!
Also consider adding CorelDraw to the list. I don't think it is as "powerful", though I haven't used it professionally since Ver 8, but it is the best thing for getting your work done quickly and easily. Much more user friendly than most vector programs.

You know, if you are on a budget you could download CorelDRAW 8 LE from Corel's site for free. It may not be Mac OS X native or as feature full as either the full version or Photoshop, but you can't beat that price.

(it includes CorelPHOTO-PAINT 8 LE in the same installer)

Back