where 2 get replacement superdrive?

lers

Registered
I've toasted my superdrive (don't ask). Looking around for replacement dvr-104, but can't find anything, even on apple site. anyone got any clues? how much? I'm not under warranty anymore...
Thanks a million...

the drive is made by Pioneer, and by googling 'dvr-104' you will find plenty of hits... ebay is one good place to try. If you want a brand new drive, you should be able to find a suitable online retailer...

officemax has a cendyne 4x DVD-R/RW drive for $170. internally its a pioneer DVR-105. :D it has the exact form factor as well. the only difference is that it doesnt say pioneer on front. it doesnt say cendyne either.

Thanks guys. You'll never believe it. i had pushed on the drive too hard, and wasn't sucking in anymore. Then after removing it and realigning gear, ejection worked, but burning crapped out. Took the drive to mac rep, said it was toast. needed to get new one. our tech from work said lemmee take a look. the strip connected to the eye was getting caught on the tray. that's it. Devilish mac reps.

Back