Where did you buy your G5 from???

kidxsai

Registered
looking for a 1.6ghz g5 and only have 1700 cash. does anyone know a plasce in nyc that sells it cheap? or a online retailer youve have good experiences with. im looking for the lowest price or a deal with rebates and stuff. i found a place onlne that was selling it for 1650 no tax. but im afraid theyll send me a refurbishe done or something. thanks

Go for a refurb, at least directly from Apple. They have the same warranty as new, and are allowed to be put on Applecare. The price isn't bad either:

[font=Geneva,Arial,Helvetica] Power Mac G5 1.6 GHz 256MB/80GB/SuperDrive/GigE/56K --- [/font][font=Geneva,Arial,Helvetica]$1,399.00
[/font][font=Geneva,Arial,Helvetica] Power Mac G5 1.8 GHz 512MB/160GB/SuperDrive/GigE/56K --- [/font][font=Geneva,Arial,Helvetica]$1,699.00

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...DphW/0.0.7.1.0.5.13.0.3.0.0.0.0.3.1.1.0?75,48
[/font]

kidxsai,

Are you a student? If so you can order your G5 from apple's store using an education discount. The price for a 1.6 GHz model is $1,599.00.

I myself have made use of this myself, ordering whatever products that apple offers at a discounted price. I've bought a G4 Ti laptop, a dual G4 1 GHz machine, an iPod, and several software titles. And yes I bought everything legitimately, as I'm in college. :)

Just thought I'd let you know about the discount, encase you didn't know about it.

Hope you enjoy your new G5.

Yep... I have done it with Apple Germany.
Works fine. You save some money in the Eurozone, although prices are still higher than in US.

hey

does the retails stores (nyc soho) offer g5s at educational discounts as well? or is it only available thru the online store.

I wish I could tell about the retail store, but the closest one to me is at the mall of america, which is about 6 - 7 hours from where I live.

One thing I would try, is maybe calling them up and see if they honor the education discount? Another thing you might try to, is calling CompUSA and see if they do. I know at one time they had something where they would meet Apple's education discount prices, but that might have been a promo or something.

Anyways, worth a shot.

Good Luck

yea ill guess ill have to call them in the morning. was just hoping to get a answer now as this would be much more better than me if they had one. thanks

Back