where in dreamweaver can I type in my info for search engine to find me?

wenlu

Registered
Hello everyone, Could someome tell me where in dreamweaver can I type in my info for search engine to find me?

Many thanks.

Wen

On the Dreamweaver 8 menu select View > Head Content or click Shift+Command+H. This will add a new tool bar immediately below where you see Code Split Design with eight icons.
  1. Page Title
  2. Favicon link
  3. Favicon png link
  4. Meta tags
  5. Keywords
  6. Page Description
  7. Comments
  8. Javascript
Search engines tend to look at the title, keywords, page description, and the first x number of words of text on the page itself but what combination will attract the most hits is a continuously moving target and some would say it is more of a black art.

The easiest way (at least how I look at it) to do so in DW is to the enter code view mode (( View>Code View)) and manually type them in. You can also use the objects palette (( defaults to "Common" - click on it, then "Head"; then select the iconn of the one you want :: Keyword ~or~ Description )) to do so...personally I like more control over where it's placed.

Meta "Keyword", Meta "Description", and proper use of HTML tags will generally do the most for placement. Yahoo! and Google are for the most part more interested in the actual content of the page than they are in the meta info the author provides. Some suggestions: Don't go overboard on the Meta information, be concise and to the point for each page (specific to the content on each page). Use a proper title that accurately describes the content, use the h1 similarly (only once per page) and the remaining hn tags as needed and within spec.

Thank you very much for answering my question. I'll try it out and come back to you later. Again, thanks a lot.

Wen

Back