Where is Apache index.html???

paradoxchild

Registered
I am new to both UNIX and Apache. I am trying to learn both, but my main focus is on Apache at the moment. I recently installed PHP and MySQL onto Mac OS 10.1.3 which went off without a problem. I am using the Apache that installed with my system and it is up and running. The big problem that I am having is that I cannot seem to find the Apache root folder where I would place all my HTML files. When I go to 127.0.0.1, a page comes up verifying that Apache is running alright and it tells me I can edit that file, but I do not know where it is located in my system. There are so many files with Apache in the name and MANY index.html files on my computer.

If someone could clear this up for me I would be most happy. I have been going through the manual for the last week and half and have been looking all over my hard drive to understand where everything Apache is and what is what, but for the life of me I can't find the Apache root folder or even that one file.

Thanks is advance!!:confused:

Thanks! That was exactly what I was looking for. I guess I got confused by the language extensions on each of the index.html files. :p

Thanks again!!

Back