where to buy apple gear in florida?

ianhedge

Registered
I'm going to Florida (International Drive to be precise) in a couple of months and was wondering if anyone can recommend anywhere that sells Apple hardware/software in the vincinity? As it would be nice for once to actually see what i'm buying rather than ordering it from the net as I normally do in the UK.

ianhedge said:
I'm going to Florida (International Drive to be precise) in a couple of months and was wondering if anyone can recommend anywhere that sells Apple hardware/software in the vincinity? As it would be nice for once to actually see what i'm buying rather than ordering it from the net as I normally do in the UK.

You can search for Apple Stores on the Apple web site, I tried to find "International Drive" in Florida using MapQuest.com and didn't get any results. A lot of colleges sell Apple computers in their campus stores.

But the best experience is actually going to a Apple Store yourself, so if your coming to the states, may as well see one. There is one in Miami, in a nice outdoor mall with a stream/waterfalls running through the middle.

If you buy and want Apple Care, to let you know, Apple can't sell AppleCare to Florida residents who use the computer at home. They don't meet some crazy Florida law, so they can't sell it.

Buisness's and schools ok, just not home users.

However one can buy it as long as they say and register it with their out of Florida pernament address. Shouldn't be a problem for you. Also you should have the Genius Bar fire up the machine before you take it out of the store.

With all the new security, I don't know if a airline will take it aboard, usually they charge a overweight/size/special handling fee.

Ask and see, perhaps the Apple Store will ship it for you.

:)

I work right off of International Drive. The only apple store in Orlando is at the Millenia Mall right off of Exit 78 (Conroy Rd) on I-4. Pretty much all the apple stores are the same so if you have been to one you have been to them all. That one is the closest to I-Drive. There is another store that is an apple reseller in Altamonte Springs but I have never been there. There is always CompUSA as well. If you need anymore info just let me know.
As far as selling Applecare to Florida Home Users....I just called the Apple store and Sailfish is correct, they can't sell you the applecare products to home users do to trying to cut down on Insurance Fraud.
So if your coming from the UK I am assuming your not familiar with the area. Driving from International Drive to get to the mall is a piece of cake.

Back