Where's the best online place to buy Apple systems online?

I admit I haven't used any others, but MacMall has never let me down! The thing with them is they carry all the Apple condoned extras (Printer, bag, etc), but their speciality is exra RAM. With my iBook, I got it maxed out (an extra 384 MB), and all they charged was an $40 installation fee (they also installed the Airport care free of charge at the same time!)

I have done business with Smalldog a number of times, with no problem. They seem to be very reliable, and extremely helpful..WALT:D

I've bought 3 systems from MacMall, among numerous other items. Never a problem and they have very good customer service and tech support.

I use Other World Computing quite often if not one of the ones mentioned already.

Originally posted by Giaguara

Maybe from macmall or www.jandr.com (i like when they don't add sales taxes to out of NY..)

No one in the US charges out of state sales tax through mail order if they don't have a presence in that state. In fact, when I was living in MA, I bought an office chair at Office Max. There was a problem with it and no other store in the area had the chair, so I went up to one in Portsmouth, NH. And besides getting a new chair, I made them give me back my sales tax from MA. >:) Then again, that was probably because there is no sales tax in NH. But still....

Oh, FWIW, I got my Mac from CDW. Mostly because a friend of a friend works there, so I got a great deal, but they were great to deal with.

Originally posted by hazmat
No one in the US charges out of state sales tax through mail order if they don't have a presence in that state.

that's one of the reasons why people buy online and via mail. in europe if you buy in other european countries, you pay the taxes where you purchase, then the shipping etc - and in worst case they add still more taxes on it. :rolleyes:

so i went yesterday to bestbuy to have a look and feel and TOUCH and try which of the few digicam models i liked on paper i would feel the most comfortable in use too (and i found the right model). and ordered it today from jandr ::angel::

Originally posted by bobw
I've bought 3 systems from MacMall, among numerous other items. Never a problem and they have very good customer service and tech support.

I wasn't quite so lucky with Macmall. They tried to STEAL almost 600 dollars from me 2 years after I bought from them. If not for the fact that I was able to fax them reciepts and cancelled checks, who knows what would have happened. Very long story...

I will never do business with them again and I urge you all to do the same. One of the places I had to call to get things straightened out was Apple Billing, and they told me that a lot of people were having the same problems with MacMall.

Buyer beware.

I've used macmall and maczone I have nothing but praise for maczone. There has been times that they've overnighted parts to me at no additional shipping charge. I ordered a part 11:45 AM and by 8:30 the next day it was at my doorstep.

Their reps are fast and extremely helpful.

Back