Why is Chess.app on 10.3 so ugly?

It looks like a horrible glitch...

Please note that the attached image has been compressed to 50%... but you can get an idea of what is wrong with Chess.app.

Attachments

• Chess.jpg
    Chess.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 73
Even on my "developer" version of Panther 85 and after trying EVERY single graphics combination in Chess on my TiBook 1GHz, this simply didn't happen... Strange :confused: Do you people have the shipped version of Panther or what? Anyways, I think that with version 10.3.1 this, maybe, will be solved :D

Err... hmm...
The picture I posted previously is inaccurate.
My version of Chess wasn't updated for some odd reason and my version of Panther was acting really strange, so I did a clean install.

Anyway, here is what Chess was supposed to look like... and yes, it is ugly.

Attachments

• chess.jpg
    chess.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 61
Well the JPEG artifacts certainly don't help it, but i don't see what's wrong with it. It looks like a wood chess set. With reflection...

ok heres a close up picture

Note that i put the the window to show what happens

i mean it looks like your suposed to put a philips screwdriver in the kings head...

Attachments

• crap.jpg
    crap.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 37
I guess it's just me but...the new version looks way cool! That wood theme makes me want to play chess right now! Man-o-man!

Stop complaining and enjoy the wonderful thing that is playing chess against a computer that can think faster than you. :)

The new chess app seems to have different uh... "skins" that you can apply to it under the preferences. It's like they're using some other technology to display the pieces, or something.

I prefer the marble board and pieces. I, like Trip, was impressed when I saw the new version. Nobody mentioned anything about an update to Chess.

Try asking for a hint! It's cool.

Also, you can rotate and tilt the board. Very cool.

Doug

Actually, I don't see what's so bad about it. i think it looks pretty cool. You can choose different ways for it to look.

After I installed Panther on my iMac the first thing I did was play a game of chess against the computer. It was a lot of fun! :)

*I like how this entire thread was built around an error.

You have to either know chess really, really well or set it to one of the "kiddie" settings to be able to beat it. Yeah, I know, it sucks.

Queen captures pawn... pawn got pawned! AH HA HA HA *COUGH*

Back