Wierd screen mess crash

hugh1988

Registered
on my old eMac I get realy wierd crashes where parts of screen would scramble up and look really messed up. there is an example attached. does any1 know what the problem is?

it has 10.4.7, 788MB RAM. hardware tested ok. OS reinstalled and still problems.

Attachments

• CIMG3897.jpg
    CIMG3897.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 7
  • CIMG3900_2.jpg
    CIMG3900_2.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 10
Be Advised--There is a World-Wide Apple Recall on eMac & iMac-s made in 2004 for faulty capacitors on Logic Board. Apple ignored it at first, & doesn't rountinely point it out now--but the fix is now free, if your eMac or iMac falls into the right S/N numbers. This ailment starts out as seldom occuring hard-Crashing--but will eventually cause frequent Crashing on most software--especially anything using alot of Graphics. The link to Apple's own Forum on this eMac / iMac problem it's-self, is figity for a long time after you arrive till it fills in completely, and I'm on DSL. Link is ( http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=301339&tstart=15 ) Also, People with eMacs & iMacs outside the Recall S/n-s are reporting same condition & positive ID on defective Capacitors. None of the standard Tests will show any problem--everyone on that Forum reports that result, that has made positive ID of defective capacitors that can be viewed -via- Memory Door. jellison. Oregon

Back