Win iPod w/ Mac

kanecorp

Registered
i might be able to get a windows boxed iPod for cheap, and was wondering if it will work on my mac w/o having to buy anything else...
thanks

I think (not 100 % sure) I have seen somewhere instrcutions how to make it work with Mac. If I remember right, you can use the Windows iPod with Mac, but not Mac iPod on Windows. I'll try to remember where I saw something about it... :)

I wonder what is the ratio of the number W iPod sold over the number of M iPod sold ...

i heard from the mac distributor here that the windows firewire connection is 5 pin while the mac version is 6 pin so the win version works both ways, but the mac version won't connect to the pc. I'll try to find out and make sure it's so.

Actually if you are buying an iPod I would suggest getting a Windows version for a couple of reasons:

1. You get MusicMatch Studio Plus for free.
2. You get a converter for the firewire cable to go from the (I'm not sure on the pins) big ones that Apple uses, to the little ones that some PCs use.
3. The only thing you need for it to work on the Mac is iTunes, which you can download for free from Apple's website.
4. Anytime you can get something for nothing, it's a good deal:p

-Juxel

Back