Window's domain connection - firmware 1.01

twyg

Back to Mac Baby!
Hello,

Did anyone else have a problem with their Boot Camp where the new 1.01 firmware update seems to be the changing factor "breaking" Windows XP's ability to log on to the domain?

In short, I can't seem to log into the Windows XP domain any more after the firmware update.

I'm using a MacBook Pro 2.16Ghz, 2GB ram, and everything but the Cat5e cable has been disconnected.

While I dislike Windows I do need to get over there now and again. ;)

Any thoughts?

Have you tried rejoining the domain? That might help. Just log in as a local adminstrator account and re-enter the domain information, authenticate for the domain change and reboot.

Hey there,

Yeah, I right clicked on My Computer to re add and received a pretty empty looking box. ;)

An error popped up saying that the Networking Control Panel had not been installed. So I did a Windows Update since I couldn't break it any worse. ;)

What happened was surprising. After restart I could now run the Network wizard and attempt at least to join the domain. It still couldn't see it.

However, connecting to network share points works now, it's just through the local account. So it's a band aid that works.

If I can figure something out I will post it. Hopefully Apple is working relatively hard on a final solution for BootCamp so that Microsoft will take into account the Apple drivers, and consider them more important.

I'll be back. ;)

Well, remember that Boot Camp is still beta so all the kinks should be....should be....worked out by the time it's finally released (probably as part of Leopard). Glad to hear you found a workaround though... :)

Back