Wireless B&W g3? help!

redtim

Registered
has anyone set up a wireless network with a b&w g3? airport is not supported and i need to set this up. any help would be appreciated

I've been trying to connect to a PC wireless network... It has been a nightnare for me (tried several PCI cards, access points, etc...). Is there a wireless PCI card out there that has Mac support?

I finally bought an wireless bridge (Linksys) that feeds the wireless signal out to an ethernet port which plugs into the back of the Mac... Had a heck of a time setting it up, but once I got all the network numbers right (IP, gateway, WEP, SSID, etc...), my B&W G3 recognized the router and internet connection immediatly... Hope this helps...

Hey Everyone,

I was having the same problem -- I went out and bought an SMC 2662W USB 802.11b wifi adapter for my PC laptop, and decided to play around with it on my B&W -- while SMC does not make OS X drivers for their product, there is a Belkin USB wifi card that has the same chipset -- Install the software that comes with that and you're good to go, no editing of config files or anything. PM me if you want more info.

Matt

Back