Wireless ok in house; not in workshop

panolaman

Registered
I have a MacMini with OS X (10.4.8) and a wireless network thru Roadrunner and Linksys Broadband Router WRT54G v.5 plus Linksys Range Expander WRE54G, and home base computer is a PC with XP for home.

Problem: Mac connects fine in house to wireless network, but in workshop behind house (about 200+ feet away), it will not connect even though the range expander seems to be fine and both lights turn blue as supposed to.

Also, this connection has worked at times, but will not work now. I took Mac to a Mac dealer in Columbia, SC, who upgraded the Mac by installing latest upgrades (and by charging $75.)! But it still will not connect in workshop.

The lines at the top turn black and it says Airport is on but the other network items will not turn blue when in workshop, and it says it cannot connect to the Internet. What can I do??

You're going to have a hard time getting a signal going 200ft, regardless of the hardware you're using. What I would do is wire a connection out there, and setup a new wireless network. (I have a hard time getting a signal from that same router, and I'm only 70 feet away, plus walls)

Back