woman gets riaa suit dropped because she uses a mac

Hmm... if they have airport then someone could be sneaking up to the base station... a 65 year old women downloading "I'm a Thug". :D XD

It's a brand of a computer. ;) Like you have the Twix candy bar, which is made by Mars (iirc). :eek: :p

It's an Apple Macintosh!

Yes, it's the Macintosh Operating System 10.3 you're running there, Ricky.

The RIAA has gotten nothing but bad PR from these suits. First they sue a 12-year-old girl living in public housing and manage to finagle $2000 from her mother, now they sue an sextagenarion sculptor who doesn't even share files—and they're confident in their methods! I think the copywright laws need tweaking.

I find it fun with the recent lawsuit filed by the owners of KaZaA, attacking RIAA for breaking copyright...

Next you'll want us to stop eating the stuff in the supermarket while shopping.

The whole thing is retarded. ISP's should just charge people an extra dollar a month on their bills if they would like to take part in file sharing. That way, the users would be happy and the RIAA would make so much more money that way rather than taking the route of trying to sue people who have no idea what's going on on their computer in the first place.

Originally posted by Ricky
Except "Macintosh" isn't an operating system. :p

ricky - ever pay any attention to the name of this site? MAC os x. look at your os x discs - they say mac os on them. mac is nothing but a shortening or abbreviation for Macintosh in this context. so yes, macintosh is also an operating system i would say. what a coincidence that it only runs on macintosh computers, eh? :D

Originally posted by RyanLang
The whole thing is retarded. ISP's should just charge people an extra dollar a month on their bills if they would like to take part in file sharing. That way, the users would be happy and the RIAA would make so much more money that way rather than taking the route of trying to sue people who have no idea what's going on on their computer in the first place.
You mean like how we do anyway? That and the extra bucks I spend on CD-R's every month, I say I've paid the RIAA more than enough.

You can't really think that they're suing people because of losing money due to piracy. At 150,000 a song, they're making tons of $$$ this way.

Oh, oh, but I have to pay the artists. That's right. Let's see, I have 5 Elvis songs I pirated, anyone know how I can reach Elvis to give him his money?

Actually, there is a *BEEEEEP* program for OS X that allows you to use kazaa, edonkey, bittorent etc networks. I am not mentioning the name of the program in public (read site policy, p2p isn't on the liked items).
But, back to this case. Hard to believe a 65 y o lady would be sharing her hiphop collection online .. contianing thousands of tracks. ;)

Originally posted by Giaguara
Actually, there is a *BEEEEEP* program for OS X that allows you to use kazaa, edonkey, bittorent etc networks. I am not mentioning the name of the program in public (read site policy, p2p isn't on the liked items).
But, back to this case. Hard to believe a 65 y o lady would be sharing her hiphop collection online .. contianing thousands of tracks. ;)

[edited for site rules by fryke!]

Anyway, when I first read that article, all I could think is that little old lady from The Wedding Singer :D

If they lowered the price of music CDs to $9.99 a pice, people would start buying CDs again. They're way over priced as it is. If there's a song you like form an artist but you're not sure if you'd like the whole album you won't buy it.
And, if they were 9.99 each you'd get two CDs $20 witch I'm sure a lot of people would do that. So in the end the record companies would make more money.
I like to have the real Cd and not just a copy, I keep a copies in the car so if they get stolen I still have the original :p
Just my two cents

Viktor

Back