Workgroup Manager account creation password type default

edallen

Registered
My Workgroup Manager used to default to making passwords as Open Directory, which is what I need. Lately it has started defaulting to crypt passwords and requires me to remember to go to the Advanced tab to set a new account to an Open Directory password.

Anybody know why this would have changed and what I do to reset the default back to Open Directory?

Software versions:
Currently Workgroup Manager 10.4.4. I upgraded the server yesterday from mac OS X Server 10.4.3 to 10.4.4 to 10.4.5. This problem occurred before this upgrade.

edallen said:
My Workgroup Manager used to default to making passwords as Open Directory, which is what I need. Lately it has started defaulting to crypt passwords and requires me to remember to go to the Advanced tab to set a new account to an Open Directory password.

Anybody know why this would have changed and what I do to reset the default back to Open Directory?

Check if you are logged into a user overview in Open Directory mode ? If selected the local userbase, it might not consider it to be OD and there not handle it as OD.

Good luck, Kees

Back