Wow I am about ready to ditch iphoto

b4tn

Registered
I feel like a traiter! I got a new digital camera the other day and it came with kodak's easyshare. It does pretty much all that iphoto does but it is quick! My iphoto takes forever to open, takes forever to close, scrolling through the pictures is extremely sluggish and jumpy, as well as resizing the iphoto window. Koday easy share does all this with ease. I liked iphoto too.

iPhoto is pretty slow on my eMac as well, I was in an Apple Store the other day and tried it out on their Dual 1 Ghz G4 and it ran smooth as butter ... guess we all better upgrade, eh?

I noticed that to :lol: I refuse to spend 3000 bucks so I can use iphoto though, especially since other apps work fine. To be honest my 500 agp does everything I need it to for now.

Ugh.. you gotta register to download Kodak Easyshare. :p

Any idea if it can print to custom paper sizes (8x10 & 4x6 borderless)?
I can't get iPhoto to print correctly to those paper sizes, I am currently using Film Factory for Classic that came with my printer.

mmmm i love iphoto. i was oohing and aahing our christmas guests after taking some pictures at the party. they said "wow, where can i get that?" i said "you can't, you've gotta have a mac!" it felt good. maybe i'm weird.

Originally posted by gigi
try iView Media Pro....much faster and better (IMHO) than iphoto

http://www.iview-multimedia.com/products/index.html
Like b4tn I've been considering looking around for something to "suplement" iPhoto. (I don't really want to chuck it all together...)

The difference is that I'm intentionally trying to keep my Mac OS X as "out of box" as possible because I don't want to deal with the headaches when I do OS upgrade (which I can't seem to keep myself from installing)... I wan to experience the full coolness of Apple's "Digital Hub"...

The other thing is that I'm trying to scale back my Web site to basic HTML. Currently it is ColdFusion and the CF code does all of the hard work of making my nice photo album pages without any effort on my part besides uploading them...

So without ColdFusion I've been trying to make iPhoto do more... but it really does have some serious limitations.

Ive been playing with iView MediaPro fou about 4 hours (since I read this thread) and I have to say I like the features... (Which I am far from mastering) But what is lacks is that "its so easy that even your Mom can do it" thing that Apple is so go at. I'm not sure if the usability problems will be surmountable or if I really will pay to register it...

... but I really wish Apple had not put me in this position.

Back