Wwdc

Go3iverson

Registered
All -

Just curious if anyone from the board, besides for the scholarship winner in the main news forum, will be attending WWDC.

Make sure to let me know! I always enjoy meeting folks from my different associations.

Michael

No one's attending? There are lots of folks on here doing some fairly advanced things with Server. This is a great place to get started on the right track fast! :)

Michael

I would love to get there but cannot do it this year. Maybe and hopefully next year then. :)

I'm going to apply for the student scholarship next year and hopefully I can make it if I get one. I think it'd be so much fun going to one of those.

The student program is great. In all honest, going that first year is what addicted me to go the subsequent years. My first year was huge, since that was the introduction of the G5, last year was the Intel announcement and this year should be equally exciting with Leopard being unleashed.

I mention it on here since a lot of IT folks don't realize the great value in WWDC. They assume it's just for programmers and developers, but, to the contrary, Apple has a great IT track during the conference. Lots of folks on here have questions that would probably be covered in depth during the week, so I highly recommend attending, especially if you need to jump start your Mac OS X/Server installation/knowledge. :)

Well, if anyone out there is going, make sure to say hi!

Michael

Just a quick thanks to those of you who made it out to WWDC and introduced yourselves. Not sure how many folks were from this site, but it's always great meeting folks from the Apple community.

Also, major props to all the folks that filled up the room for the Active Directory integration session I presented at. :)

Michael

There's more than just the keynote, there's hundreds of sessions for developers to learn how to program for OS X which is the whole point of WWDC :)

Ok that's cool...

A side queston, does Microsoft *cough* have a similar thing like wwdc?

I have been wondering... how could one get into WWDC?

There is usually an early registration of about $1500 USD, which includes a full year enrollment in Apple's developer program, with extra perks. The conference is a week's worth of in depth technical info.

Michael

Back