XP Pro Shared Folder and the Jaguar Quest

Blisterphish

Registered
I support about 40 OSX Mac users on a MS Domain. The Macs are not actually on the domain (except my ibook but that’s just for fun). I also have a P4 running XP pro that is my normal work machine. On this machine I created a share that I store Mac downloads and other graphics software updaters. Until two months ago my PC was running Win 2000 then I upgraded to XP Pro SP2 and lost my ability to connect to the share from Jaguar Macs.
I am able to connect with no problem from any of my Macs configured with Tiger but the Jaguar (10.2.8) machines get errors after authentication. I can browse to the PC on the network but after entering my user info I get one of several errors.
”an error occurred” followed by a –40 or –50 or –36

I’ve checked the network and directory settings on the Tiger and Jaguar machines and they are the same. The permissions on the XP share are correct and triple checked. Any ideas? This connection is not really required but the ability to mount the XP drive on these Macs has become a quest now and I can’t seem to let it go. Please help save my sanity. :eek:

Back